The Rehab Support Program, in partnership with the City of Minneapolis and Minnesota Housing, offers the Fix Up Loan program at a fixed interest rate of 2% (2.144% APR based on $30,000 loan). Maximum loan is $30,000 to 43 select Minneapolis neighborhoods. The goal of the Rehab Support Program is to encourage households to complete improvements to their homes that will increase the home’s value while addressing health, safety, and housing code violations.
The Rehab Support Program (RSP) offers the following:
Priority for improvements will be the correction of outstanding code orders and any mechanical, structural, and safety hazards. If no required repairs are present, permanent improvements such as, but not limited to, interior finishing/remodeling, energy conservation, accessibility, site work, building envelope, electrical, garage, HVAC, plumbing, and windows will be allowed.
- Household Income may not exceed $105,600.
- Must have a credit score of at least 620.
- Single-family homes, condominiums and townhomes are eligible.
- Ownership by any form of trust except Community Land Trust and individual home-site lease assignments on tribal trust land and ownership subject to a reverse mortgage are not eligible.
- Homeowner labor / sweat equity projects are not allowed.
How to Apply
- Download and print the Rehab Support Program application from the website or request an application be sent to you .
- Complete and sign all forms.
- Provide copies of supporting documents as described in the application.
- Include a check payable to City of Minneapolis for the credit report. Cash and credit cards are not accepted.
Send your completed applications to:
Mail: City of Minneapolis – CPED
Attn: Owner Occupied Rehab
105 Fifth Avenue South Suite 200
Minneapolis, MN 55401-2534
Questions please call: Owner Occupied Rehab at (612) 673-5174
For more information about this program and other owner occupied home improvement programs, please visit our web site.