VENTURA VILLAGE NEIGHBORHOOD
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP PROPOSED MEETING AGENDA
Wednesday October 10, 2018
2323 11th Avenue South – Waite House Dining Room 2nd Floor
Please bring following Picture ID with name, date of birth, current address within Ventura Village:
Valid MN Drivers License, MN State ID Card (government issued), student ID, Military ID, Consulate ID or Passport issued by U.S. or any other country.
Times listed are estimates
7:00 ACTION: Approval of October 10, 2018 Proposed agenda
7:05 ACTION: Approval of September 12, 2018 Minutes
Recommendation 1810-1 Over the past few years Ventura Village has passed motions to fund a Neighborhood Priority Plan (NPP) using Community Participation Plan (CPP) funds. The City calls these actions Plan Modifications (Plan Mods). The City is now processing these Plan Mods, but has requested that Ventura Village first use funds from the old Neighborhood Revitalization Program Phase I and Phase II Plans (NRP) that have been returned to Ventura Village from old contracts. The remaining balance will then be taken from the current Ventura Village CPP contract as originally approved.
This motion will clean up all the old balances and bring the Ventura Village NPP Plan up to date.
Recommendation to approve the reallocation of the following FROM Ventura Village NRP funds
1. $3,289.90 from Multi-Cultural Arts Center (Phase I, Arts/Culture/Ethnicity 3.2.1.)
2. $0.04 from The Management Team (Phase I, Administrative Support 1.1.1.)
3. $9,313.41 from Homeowner Fix-up Grant Program (Phase II, Housing 1.2.1.) ($4,137.08 of this is Program Income)
4. $4,500.00 from Educate Property Managers, Owners and Renters (Phase II, Housing 1.3.1.)
PLUS the following from Ventura Village CPP funds
5. $82,896.65 from CPP ($18,370.37 is in the CPP Reserve; $64,526.28 is in CPP contract)
TO the Ventura Village NPP Plan
1. $17,103.35 to Peavey Park Improvements (Phase II, Parks and Open Spaces 1.1.2.)
2. $82,896.65 to Park Improvements NPP
AND further move to rescind all previous reallocation motions for these funds
7:25 Traffic Manager
Recommendation 1810-2 Ventura Village moves to request that Traffic Control fully enforces all parking regulations.
Recommendation 1810-3 Send a letter listing neighborhood questions about the relocation of the “Hiawatha” encampment to the site owned by the Red Lake Nation on Franklin Avenue
Recommendation 1810-4 Ventura Village opposes any changes to ordinances regarding the conduct on premises and occupancy levels.
7:45 CCP/SAFE Crime & Safety – Update – Specialist Brett Nyman/Inspector Sullivan
7:55 City Council Member Abdi Warsame – Update
8:05 Committee Reports
1) Wellness, Gardening & Greening (7:00 pm Last Tues of the Month – PCC)
2) Parks (Peavey/PCC) (TBA)
3)Crime & Safety – (Meets 6:30 p.m., Last Thurs. of the Month – PCC)
4) Executive Committee
5) Housing & Land (Meets 5:30 p.m. Last Thurs. of the Month – PCC)
6) Community Engagement (6:00 pm Last Tues of the Month – PCC)
7) Treasurers Report (NCR/NCEC) – Ray Peterson
8:20 New Business
Old Business –
8:30 ACTION: Adjourn
ALERT: ALL RESIDENTS – WE WELCOME ALL RESIDENTS TO ATTEND ANY OF THE COMMITTEE MEETINGS LISTED ABOVE, AND ALSO TO ENGAGE AND SUPPORT EVENTS. COME CHAMPION A PROJECT THAT WILL BENEFIT THE NEIGHBORHOOD.
ALERT: ALL RESIDENTS – FOR THE COMMUNITY AND YOUR SAFETY – PLEASE TURN ON YOUR OUTSIDELIGHTS AT DUSK
ALERT: ARE ANY OF YOUR STREET LIGHTS OUT? FEEL SAFER AND CALL THE FOLLOWING NUMBERS. IF THE POLES ARE WOODENCALL EXCEL ENERGY AT 1-800- 960-6235 OR HTTP://WWW.EXELENERGY.COM/ODL/OUTAGEREPORT:IF THE POLES AREMETAL, CALL CITY OF MINNEAPOLIS 311