NOVEMBER General Membership Proposed Agenda
Wednesday 10th, 2021 – 7:00pm
ICCM (1812 Park Ave) AND ZOOM (includes phone in option)
ICCM: MASKS REQUIRED PER CDC RECOMMENDATION ZOOM: PLEASE MUTE WHEN NOT SPEAKING
Times listed are estimates and are not “times certain”
7:10 ACTION: Approval of November 10, 2021 proposed agenda
7:15 ACTION: Approval of October 13, 2021 minutes
Recommendation 2111-1: Website Scope of Service: Move to approve the Ventura Village Website Scope of Service as revised by the Community Engagement Committee:
- Replace “Complete Branding (Logo, colors, fonts, style guide)” with “Develop website graphics content, layout, and functionality, using current logo”
- Remove “During the branding discovery period we would like to work with your team hearing input from other community organizations.”
- Add “User Manual” to the list of requirements.
Recommendation 2111-2: Move to write a letter to Sasha Cotton regarding the Violence Interrupters not present in the area previously asked for. Being that we received no response from previous ask and the situation has worsened including to the point of death.
Funding Request: Move to approve up to $1000 to purchase 2 portable air conditioning units for the Peavey Park Building.
Funding Request: Move to approve up to $1000 for several portable seating benches to be used at Peavey Park for outdoor events.
Funding Request: Move to begin paying The Alley Newspaper $700 per month to publish the Ventura Village page beginning with the November 2021 issue.
7:30 CCP/SAFE Crime & Safety – Update
7:40 City Council – Update
8:15 Committee Reports
1) Wellness, Gardening & Greening (Meets 6:00 p.m., Last Tues. of the Month – TBA)
2) Community Engagement (Meets 6:00 p.m., Last Tues. of the Month – TBA)
3) Parks (Peavey/PCC) (TBA)
4) Crime & Safety – (Meets 5:30 p.m., Last Thurs. of the Month – TBA)
5) Housing & Land (Meets 5:30 p.m., Last Thurs. of the Month – TBA)
6) Executive Committee
7) Treasurer’s Report (NCR/NCEC) – Ray Peterson
8:25 New Business
Old Business –
8:30 ACTION: Adjourn
Interested in becoming a member of our Board of Directors? It’s simple! You can contact a current Board Member with your name, address and phone number, or mail that information to Ventura Village, 2323 11th Avenue So. Minneapolis, Mn. 55404. We must receive that information by November 24th, which is 14 days before our annual meeting on December 8th.
Due To The Need For Heightened Security: If You Wish To Join Our Meeting Via Zoom Please Send An Email To Villageventura@Gmail.Com or Call 612-548-1598 And Let Us Know. You Must Include Your Full Name And Address. The Zoom Link Will Be Sent Out Approximately 30 Minutes Prior To The Meeting For Those That Have Expressed Interest. If You Need Help Or Have Questions Regarding Zoom You Can State That As Well.